Films have formulas and rules, but how well do films follow those formulas?
The following is a list of my blogs and your chance to rank them best to worst.
Looking at online lists.
- TOP TEN TOP X LISTS: A look at the 10 best lists on a topic and the top 10 created from them.
OVERTHINKING THE EVIL OVERLORD LIST: A satirical look at the already satirical "If I Where an Evil Overlord" List.[Now part of Super Villain Advice]
- RANDOM TOP X: Random List stuff.
- TOP X THINGS YOU PROBABLY KNEW ABOUT: Challenging "Top 10 Things You Didn't Know About..." lists.
TOP X LISTS DEBUNKED: A look at lists of facts and trivia to see how much fact they contain.[Now part of Internet Truth Debunked]
A look at the rules and formulas certain genres follow.
- RANDOM RULES: Random Rules stuff.
- THE SLASHER FILM RULES: Testing the rules followed by Slasher/Horror films.
- ROM COM RULES: Testing the rules followed by Romantic Comedy films.
- LESBIAN ROMANCES: Testing the rules followed by Lesbian Romance films.
A look at truth and fiction.
REAL LIFE SUPER VILLAINS: Real people who may actually be Super Villains.[Now part of Super Villain Advice]
- RANDOM TRUTH: Random "True" stuff.
- CUE THE HORROR THEME MUSIC: Real events that seem like the set up of horror films.
WHY ISN'T THIS A FILM: Real life people and events that should be films. [Now part of SCREEN SCREENER]
- SIMPSONS DID IT: Things that happened on The Simpsons that then occurred in real life.
PRINT THE LEGEND: The truth behind commonly believed stories.[Now part of INTERNET TRUTH DEBUNKED]
Dealing with my need to own complete sets of DVDs.
- BREAKING THE COMPLETIST: Things I don't want to own, but leave my set incomplete.
- THE EXTRAS COMPLETIST: Short films and mini-episodes for a variety of series.
- THE INCOMPLETIST: Things I want to own on DVD but can't get.
- THE COMPLETIST RANT: Complaints about things to do with DVD collecting.
THE COMPLETIST'S GUIDE: Listing the order for series.[Now part of SCREEN SCREENER]
Proposed, unproduced or incomplete Science Fiction films and series.
Helping find places to start comics and some of the codes that comic companies and fans use.
- THE COMIC CODE: Deciphering comic jargon.
- COMIC ISSUES: Recommended collections as starting points.
- FIRST ISSUES: Upcoming first issues and stepping on points.
- UNIVERSES: Explaining some of comic book's shared universes.
- THE BOOKS ON MY SHELF: General books.
- THE BOOKS ON FILM: Books about films and the making of...
- THE BOOKS ON MY BOOKLIST: Books I studies at university.
- THE BOOKS ON TELEVISION: Books about television and the making of...
- THE BOOKS ON MY DEVICE: Books on my tablet or phone.
- THE BOOKS ON LOAN: Books I've borrowed from someone.
Advice for Super Villains or Super Advice for Villains. Not sure which.
- ASK A SUPER VILLAIN: Advice column.
- EVIL OVERLORD LIST REDUX: A satirical look at the already satirical "If I Where an Evil Overlord" List. [Continuing from TOP X TOPICS]
- REAL LIFE SUPER VILLAIN: Real people who may actually be Super Villains. [Continuing from TRUTH IS AS STRANGE AS FICTION]
- SUPER VILLAIN POV: A look at books, comics and film about the villain.
- SUPER VILLAIN CLASSIFIEDS: Classified ads for Super Villains, Henchmen and Super Heroes.
About films and television.
- COMPLETING FILMS SHOWDOWN: Two films released close together. Which is better?
- WHY ISN'T THIS ON SCREEN: Real life people and events that should be films. [Continuing from TRUTH IS AS STRANGE AS FICTION]
- THE SCREENER'S GUIDE: Listing the order for series. [Continuing from THE TV & DVD COMPLETIST]
- SHORT FILM SCREENER: 10 Short films available online.
- INTERNET RESHARES DEBUNKED: Things reshared proven fake.
- INTERNET MEMES DEBUNKED: Making fun of fun.
- CRYPTOZOOLOGY DEBUNKED: A look a fake pictures of fake creatures.
Please do the survey and rank the blogs.